We are starting a new post every Monday called Monday Funday. It’s where we can talk to authors and agents about fun stuff we would never know! It’s a different way of interviewing theses great authors/agents!
Today we have Jodi Meadows as our first victim! Muhahahaha.
Jodi Meadows lives and writes in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, with her husband, a Kippy*, and an alarming number of ferrets. She is a confessed book addict, and has wanted to be a writer ever since she decided against becoming an astronaut. She is the author of the INCARNATE Trilogy and the forthcoming ORPHAN QUEEN Duology (HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen). Visit her at http://www.jodimeadows.com
And to the interview!!!!
Thank you Jodi for participating!
1. You’re a book addict ( so am I-or I’m more like a book hoarder heehee) who is your favorite book boyfriend and why? Given a whole day with him what would you do? (Remember Pg-13 answers. 😉 hahaha)
Oh my gosh. Just one? Because I have a few. But if I’m allowed to pick only one for this (not fair!), I’ll pick Logan from DEFIANCE by C.J. Redwine. He’s so smart and cute. I could definitely spend a whole day talking about his inventions with him.
2. So not only do you write wonderful stories you crochet, knit and spin. Such talent! I have seen your gloves! So….have you made outfits for your ferrets? Come on, you had to! I made my friend make a coat for my cat. Yes really and those pictures will never surface.
Oh no, they would not like that. Once I bought a bomber jacket for my ferrets, waaay back when I first started having ferrets, and that thing lasted about 1.2 seconds before it was removed and destroyed. It was really cute for the 1.2 seconds it was on Leanne (now gone, alas). But . . . it was not to be. I haven’t tried again. I think Leanne probably spoke for all the current and future ferrets in my life when she declared she would not wear it.
Nuts! I could just picture them running around in cool outfits!
3. Quick, it’s selection day and you must pick your faction, Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, Candor or are you Factionless? Your hand is bleeding and you go to put it above????? Go with your gut! I know Dauntless is so awesome but think who you truly belong to.
Amity. I have definitely thought about this before, and while I want to dress Dauntless, I don’t like, um, running or fighting or jumping. I don’t think I’m smart enough for Erudite, and I know I’m not selfless enough for Abnegation. I like the idea of Candor and I am compulsively honest, but I don’t think I’d feel comfortable there. So, Amity it is. As long as I don’t have to farm. They need yarn people, right? (I’d be crap at being factionless, too.)
Me too! I’m totally too happy to be Dauntless. I think I would be Amity too!
4. You just stepped of Hogwarts Express and head to Diagon Alley at Universal Studios (which opens this summer!) What would be the first store you would hit? I would probably hit Eeylops Owls Emporium because I want a white owl like Hedwig. (RIP my fluffy owl)
Umm. I don’t know. One with animals, I think. I like animals.
5. You’re about to go to the Hunger Games so what weapon would you pick? And who would be your ally? (Finnick is mine! not really…no really)
Remember what I said about fighting? So, I’m not really good at archery (I tried those kiddie PVC and styrofoam ones a while ago and the arrow just dropped at my feet), and I’m not strong enough for sword or anything heavy. I’d have to find some other way to make myself useful to a group. Or go on my own. I don’t know. This is really stressful.
6. Incarnate trilogy is done so what are you working on now? Because you need to help feed my addiction to book hoarding!!!!!
My next book is called THE ORPHAN QUEEN, about an orphaned princess fighting to reclaim her kingdom and hide her power from the masked vigilante who hunts people with magic, set in a world where magic is destroying the world. Think YA Game of Thrones meets Batman. With nice penmanship.